Tuesday 14 November 2017

CIRCUS LIFE

THE BOY WHO COULD FLY

This is the children's book that's been on my back burner for months. It's about two boys, one real life and one fictional, and the flying trapeze. The real life boy was my great uncle, a circus star billed as 'Una The Human Fly' who tragically was killed at the age of 16 while performing in 1891. The other boy is a (fictional) descendant half a century later (1941) who longs to join the circus and become a trapeze artist.
Having only visited a circus once in my life (far back in time when I was 14) I think I must be insane to tackle something that requires not only research into circus life but also research into the restrictions and problems of life in Britain during WW2. But there you go.
Meantime, though, can I ask your help regarding the book's title and cover? Originally I called it THE BOY ON THE FLYING TRAPEZE. I've changed that to THE BOY WHO COULD FLY, and I've just designed a cover with that title.
I'd really appreciate your comments on both title and design. Thank you in advance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment